Friday, September 21, 2007

Little Truimphs

  • I learned the backstroke on Wednesday and swam several lengths in the pool.
  • A boost of confidence about my future in academia.
  • Getting out of class early last night, partly because we showed up early to watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and enjoy pizza provided by our professor. (I freaked Lance out by telling him I ate a veggie pizza with olives, tomatoes, onions, and green peppers--all things I normally refuse to eat on a pizza. But the combo--with feta and mushrooms--was wonderful, so maybe I can move past my prior pizza prejudices.)
  • Camping this weekend!
  • My brother home safe from a war that has claimed so many lives.
  • After missing two mornings, I was back at the gym at 6 am, and it felt great. I think it's a habit now.
  • I've worked out everyday except for one in the past three weeks--and the one I took off was for some much needed rest and relaxation (and I ran 6 miles the next morning anyway).
  • I did a good headstand this morning--usually I fall down after about 2 seconds.
  • I'm wearing a cute skirt and heels today, and I feel fabulous.
  • And...it's Friday!

No comments: