Sunday, December 09, 2007

E-S-C-A-P-E: Escapay?

Ahhh, I'm at the coffee shop. Of course, there's an art sale going on, and I'm sitting on the corner of a giant table because I couldn't find a smaller one of my own, but it's a change of scenery, and I'm out of my dratted apartment*. (The cats have been distracting me, big time.)

I hope I can finish up my project here, but I may just hang out for a few hours, then go home (or over to a friend's to finish up). It's noisy, but if I can fall into a rhythm of writing, I can tune out everything, and I do have an iPod to neutralize some of the noise.

I've been trapped at home for most of the weekend, and I'm just ready to be done. I had a hard time sitting down to work because it feels like the semester should be over already. I'm working on my project where I got to hold the 200-year old Crevecoeur piece in my hands--Letters from an American Farmer. In the course of my research, I discovered that it was the first American printing of the book. The project has been pretty fascinating overall, but I'm looking forward to turning in the project tomorrow.

Well, back to the scribbling away!


*One more week, I hope. Please let me move next weekend!!

1 comment:

Tim Sisk said...

oh, i feel your pain. i have a 15-20 page paper due tomorrow in my renaissance tragedy class, i'm on page 13, and good god, I don't feel like I'll ever get two more out. only an hour ago i decided i was sinking on this ship, so i had to reread half of the play and find my footing again in my argument. it's a lot better now, but i wish i would have run into this snag you know, like, three days ago. oh well. the paper's not due til 2:30 tomorrow. i can do it.

i hope your week goes smoothly. i'm sorry you have a crappy room mate. i've had some of those. good luck with the move and the paper!