Saturday, October 26, 2013

pick yourself back up

A dearth of posting this week meant that I was overwhelmed. Oh-so-overwhelmed.  Despite having two days off for fall break at the beginning of the week, I found myself unable to fully catch up on my student's work and my own work.

It wasn't like I slacked off either--I was plenty busy working on this stuff, including starting my dissertation research--yet, a giant pile.  It made me a bit cranky on Wednesday, though by the end of the week I'd made some headway.

It also meant that while I was still getting my fall challenge workouts in (mostly), I stopped eating as healthfully and mindfully as I was trying to last week.  I didn't go gobble down a bunch of sweets or even anything that unhealthy, but I did eat out of boredom, frustration, and unhappiness.

The beauty of this whole fall challenge thing is that the barre3 philosophy isn't to be super restrictive or go overkill--you are supposed to make it your own, and not worry if you don't quite meet your own goals.  So, happily, I'm getting back to it and not beating myself up about it.  I'm also going to point out that my normal pattern would have been to just give up, then go out and get a pint of ice cream or a bunch of candy and eat it all, but I didn't do that--so, progress!

I have to say, I love feeling not stressed out about all this. Sure, it's hard to make sure to fit exercise in and cook meals that are healthy and tasty (all while trying to keep the house respectable and keep up with my own academic/scholarly work), but I'm starting to see a glimmer of balance in all this craziness.  I love it.  Onward and upward!

No comments: