Sunday, October 13, 2013

the preparation

Kitten doesn't prepare to do anything except sleep and murder

Preparation is key to success--and with this challenge, preparation will make success easy.  The big thing is preparing all of the recipes (or most), so that all I have to do next week is heat dishes up and perhaps add something to it.  I took a look at the Barre3 Fall Challenge Menu last week, and over the course of the week, I procured groceries, cooked beans, and planned.
The week's menu (my printer was out)
Yesterday, I made my snacks: hummus, chocolate "donut" holes, and the Barre3 bars (like a larabar); today, I made the main dishes.  As I was making recipes, however, I realized that there is WAY more food than one girl and her husband can eat in a week. So, I cut out one soup and didn't make a few dishes later in the week in case there were too many leftovers; we might even get to invite someone over for food one night.  All this is good because there might even be stuff for next week, so I don't have to cook as much!

The preparation was heavy, but I think it'll save on time overall, and make it so that I don't eat random stuff because I'm tired and starving after a long day, and L will be happy too because there are delicious things to eat after a day of work (and for lunch!).

The recipes so far are great--full of flavor, satisfying, and chock full of veggies.  Delightful.

Here's to the next 28 days of fun...now to get  back to writing and teaching (without having to worry about cooking next week).

No comments: