Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Salman Rushdie!!

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING POST CONTAINS EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF EXCITEMENT AND EXCLAMATION MARKS
(Read at your own risk)

I opened up my campus news e-mail today. Scrolling down, the name Salman Rushdie caught my eye. I excitedly clicked on it, only to discover that he's coming to campus!!! Salman Rushdie!! He's one of my favorite authors: He wrote The Satanic Verses (for which he was famously condemned to death). His books are just really interesting. He's probably my favorite modern author next to Milan Kundera (maybe he'll come to campus too?)

I'm so freaking excited!! It's not everyday that I get to go hear an author whose works I've studied, talked about, loved, and debated.

The problem: I happen to have class the night that he's going to be speaking. (Oh, woe!) But my professor is pretty awesome, so he may let me out early so I can go see Salman Rushdie!

How cool is this??

2 comments:

Amanda D Allen said...

How long is the drive to Fayetteville? I may just have to visit

Chase said...

I'd be delighted if you linked to me. I'd link to you, but I can't figure out how, lol.