I think I'm going to keep working on that paper. It was so much fun.
Now for a bit of listiness--Things I learned this semester
- I really shouldn't put off doing a paper. It turns out that I really hate rushing through writing and wish I could spend weeks working on a topic that I'm really excited about.
- Procrastination only leads to my grief.
- I eat a lot more when I'm working hard on something.
- Exercise clears my brain to concentrate harder.
- Sleep is not overrated, and coffee should not be consumed past 8pm if I want to sleep.
- I have the ability to read and write a lot in one night, but it is an unsustainable ability
- The Marquis de Sade makes me want to puke. But he's actually pretty interesting in his own right. (Damn my academic brain)
- 30 Rock is a really funny show--and good procrastination/reward fodder. (It was actually a good reward once I stopped watching several shows in a row.)
- I love the Arabian Nights' Entertainments.
- Being in grad school means you can drink with (some of) your professors.