Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Ill-Limbo

I've been in a state of not-quite-sick for the past week and a half, which is better than actually being sick. I would like to be totally healthy, however, so I can go run and do fun stuff like that. Instead, I've been taking it easy and relaxing and hanging out at my apartment.

Right now, I'm planning my apartment party (woo!), which should be lots of fun. I figure that it's almost too late to take time out of my semester for something fun...but I've been wanting to throw a party for a while now, and a new apartment is an awesome excuse.

We're working on Guilliver's Travels in 18th-century literature. I read this in high school (or junior high?), and I don't remember it being so entertaining. It has insane amounts of political allusions, so the only way I can catch them is by reading the notes. But then the notes often define something stupid, so that annoys me because it's a waste of my time. I am enjoying it and looking forward to discussing it on Thursday.

My other class is also going well. It has a weird dynamic because there are undergraduates, graduates, English majors, and anthropology majors all mixed in. I'm supposed to be designing a project to work on for it that involves my thesis, so that should be interesting...

Well, I'm about to go home and will myself to be better with some yoga and relaxation. May you all stay out of the realms of the ill...

No comments: