Friday, November 06, 2020

waiting and waiting

Like all 4 of my readers, we are waiting for the 2020 presidential election to be called. It's looking GREAT for Biden, and I'm over here waiting to crack into my fancy beer and party party party. Even though it's going to be a slog until January, it feels like something huge will be lifted. My screen time tells you how much I've been checking the news apps and calming my anxiety by playing Spelling Bee and solving the crossword.


Little work has been accomplished this week, and that's ok.

However, I have to reckon with the fact that most of my family (at least 2 brothers, both parents, likely several extended family members) voted for the orange menace, who, in addition to failing to take decisive action to mitigate the cornovirus (leaving millions sick and 200,000+ dead) also is a racist, homophobic bigot. I keep seesawing between wanting to burn all those familial bridges in a true scorched-earth fashion to contemplating buying copies of So You Want to Talk about Race and How to Be an Anti-Racist to send in the Christmas boxes (along with lumps of coal). We white folx have got to deal with our shit before we bring down the whole country in a misguided attempt to preserve the white supremacy that harms ALL of us.

In the meantime, I'm making a homemade pumpkin spice latte, eagerly refreshing the New York Times app and Twitter feed, and trying to get a little work done.


Back to it!

No comments: