Tuesday, July 30, 2013

stray observations (a post in bullets)


  • I have traveled a lot over the summer. And by a lot, I mean in the past two months, I have been to too many states to count (okay: Kentucky, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia--14 states, 15 if you count Arkansas. Some of which were just journeying through, others were the end goal of the travel).
  • When I went to Savannah, I saw so much cool art because of SCAD that I begun to feel inspired to work on creative stuff, including drawing, crafts, and photography.
  • Family is pretty great. Seeing family that I haven't seen in a while is even greater.
  • I am starting to see the value of regularly practicing yoga.
  • I got my IRB accepted and have begun work on a project I've been needing to do for some time now.
  • Kombucha is pretty delicious and seems to actually work on making my body happier!
  • Dark chocolate caramels with sea salt from Central Market, mmmmmm...
  • Pool time is awesome
  • Reading a lot of feminist science texts makes me a bit irritable with the MAN. Or the system that we (especially academics) operate within.
  • School is less than one month away *gulp*
  • I'm looking forward to a little bit of relaxation time (although I'm not sure when that will be...)
  • PROSPECTUS, in the works. I will begin writing and researching! :)

No comments: