Sunday, January 01, 2012

Day One of 2012

I began the day by sleeping in.  Already a win.

Then I read a book.  I'm on a YA fiction kick, so I've been reading Eon by Alison Goodman (preceded by the first two books of The Hunger Games trilogy and the second book in an interesting series by Alie Conde called Crossed--the first was Matched.)  It's the first of two books, so I'll probably start Eona tomorrow.

After I read for a while, I decided that I really needed to get going on my long run.  Usually I do long runs with my running group, but I wasn't feeling very good yesterday morning, so I skipped.  Which meant I had to do it alone. Or did I? Instead of solo, I asked Lance if wanted to bike with me while I ran.  We ended up both getting a lot of exercise, Lance didn't hate exercising with me, and I didn't feel lonely.  (He didn't ride beside me the whole time--just came and talked to me to break up the monotony and help me open my gels when my fingers grew too cold).  And I ran 18 miles!  I'm feeling more and more confident in my ability to do the marathon in March.

When we got home, Lance made dinner (noodles! yum!), and I took a long shower. We then ate dinner, drank wine, shared chocolate, and watched a disc of Modern Family, which we are both enjoying.

Looking at it, it seems like a boring start to 2012, but I think it sets a good trend: spending time with people I love, eating tasty food, running, reading a good book, and watching a good TV show. What's not to love?

No comments: