Monday, November 01, 2010

That Grad School Thing

As everyone expected, I disappeared into a pile of books, notes, and papers as the semester progressed  I have reemerged, albeit likely temporarily.

What have I been up to?  A list, for your ease of understanding:

  • Attended and presented at my first academic conference as a PhD student
  • Began Project Wedding Dress (posts to come, I hope, and pictures)
  • Ordered the most beautiful wedding shoes
  • Drank copious amounts of coffee
  • Gave up drinking copious amounts of coffee
  • Ran a 5k, placed third in my age group, and earned a new PR (26:03!)
  • Read pages and pages and pages
  • Saw two authors of cool books, all within one week
  • Checked out mountains of books from the library for my research papers
  • Subbed for a friend's Comp I classes, which was pretty fun
  • Dressed up like a robot for Halloween
  • Realized that we have three months until the wedding
  • Started a paper on feminists and vampires
  • Bought a plane ticket to Boston for Thanksgiving
  • Tutored lots of students in writing, which was FUN
Anyway, you get the idea.  It has been fun and glorious and I wouldn't give it up for anything.  I'm about to have to abandon my social life for the next month or so to get everything done, but I'll emerge on the other side successfully!

No comments: