Thursday, January 06, 2022

waitlisted

 I'm waitlisted for a metalsmithing/jewelry making class that I reaaalllllyyy want to take--and really, this semester is likely the only time I can take it because it requires a lot of lab time to make the items, and during a normal semester, I've got way too much on my plate (particularly if I keep some of my current things going).

The professor emailed all of the waitlisted students, and it felt super weird to be like "hey, I'm a faculty member on this list, I hope I get in!" but I totally emailed that. But it's like the professor can actually change the waitlist, and I know the classroom is likely limited in terms of work stations, etc, so there's no way she can bump me into the class. But I had a student who very eagerly showed up the first week of my editing class, so I did bump her in because she made the effort (and I think some other students dropped), so maybe it'll have a little impact.

Mostly, I'm eager to jump into learning something new and also observing teaching in another discipline. I've grown more and more curious about how each discipline thinks/practices teaching, and I'm also curious to see if I can learn something that I can take away for my own classes. Or maybe just get to know an art professor a bit and learn other things too. Anyway, fingers crossed that future posts will be me showing off what I'm learning!

No comments: